YT Search Engine Optimization is a set of practices aimed at increasing a video’s reach, engagement, traffic and visibility organically on the platform.
With over 2 billion monthly logged in users on the platform, and millions of creators. This gives creators a very unstable user to content ratio, on a platform where very creator and brand is trying to make a win. Thus, optimizing video to reach the right & relevant audience becomes highly essential for youtubers.
Furthermore, the internet world is witnessing a huge paradigm shift as every 9.5 in 10 users in the USA, who were consuming content on OTT or “Over the top” platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, etc., are gradually changing their viewing behaviour as they are making a switch to watching YouTube on their TV sets.
The sex ratio among the YT users is pretty stable with 56% global users being male and the rest 44% being females (https://www.hootsuite.com/resources/digital2020-q4-update nofollow). This makes YouTube an ideal platform for brands to create their digital presence, as 55% marketers say that they leverage this video sharing platform to build an audience for their brand. This makes YT SEO even more crucial for brands, as it is not only a cost-effective way to gain leads, but they also reach a targeted audience, thanks to the algorithm.
YT has become the primary source of income for thousands of youtubers across the globe. For a fact, the total number of channels earning five figure revenue through their videos in a year has increased by 50% year on year. Following the best YT SEO practices will definitely help you achieve this.
Get the technical aspects of your video optimization right with our YouTube SEO tool!